Friday, August 16, 2013

Biggest Week Redux

It's been a quiet birding summer. But I realize I never posted additional photos of our visit to Ohio for the Biggest Week in American Birding.

Rather than go on and on, I'll just post some of my favorite photographs from that week with limited commentary.

Great Blue Heron against Lake Erie

Tundra Swan

I believe this is a Northern Green Frog

Probably the best bird of the trip, a Long-eared Owl, which was a lifer for Avie and me.

This is what happens five minutes after someone tweets there's a Long-eared Owl

Donald and Lillian Stokes and Kimberly and Kenn Kaufman

Sharon "Birdchick" Stiteler

Scarlet Tanager

How often can you get this awesome a shot of an American Woodcock?

Baltimore Oriole

Midday siesta
Happy birding, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment